Foosball tables have been around since the mid-1800s. The history of the foosball table is a little murky, but everyone can see why they became popular and have remained a great indoor pastime for many years. Based loosely on soccer, the foosball table offers hours of great fun and friendly competition, all without leaving the house.
In a Hurry? Choose From Our Top Picks
|Carrom Signature 55 in. Foosball Table||Chicago Gaming Signature Foosball Coffee Table||Warrior Professional Foosball Table|
|Lowest Price||$$$$Amazon See it||$$$Amazon See it||$$$Amazon See it|
|Brands||Carrom||Chicago Gaming||Warrior Table Soccer|
|Types||Foosball Table||Foosball Table||Foosball Table|
|Weight||180 pounds||75 pounds||195 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||57 x 31 x 17 inches||47.63 x 28 x 20 inches||56 x 32 x 36 inches|
|Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review|
Table Of Contents
- 1 Foosball Table Buying Guide
- 1.1 The Benefits of a Good Foosball Table
- 1.2 Factors to Consider When Looking for in a Foosball Table
- 2 Foosball Table Reviews
- 2.1 Carrom Signature 55 in. Foosball Table
- 2.2 Chicago Gaming Signature Foosball Coffee Table
- 2.3 Tornado Sport Foosball Table
- 2.4 Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table
- 2.5 Warrior Professional Foosball Table
- 2.6 The Top Recommendation is:
Foosball Table Buying Guide
The Benefits of a Good Foosball Table
Foosball tables can provide hours of indoor entertainment for you and your guests.
A good foosball table provides hours of fun for everyone: Foosball tables are great for everyone in the house, including children, teens, and adults. Everyone loves competitive sports, and this a great indoor sport for the whole family.
Foosball is good for developing hand-eye coordination: Exercise for your brain is just as important as exercise for your body. Young or old, we could all use a little more time stretching our brains out. A foosball table can help you to keep your mind toned.
Foosball is great for rainy days: If you find yourself sleepy or lazy on rainy days, foosball can get you back on your feet. While it’s not a full-body workout, it may be the difference between doing something good for your body during bad weather days and napping on the couch all day.
Factors to Consider When Looking for in a Foosball Table
Looking for a cheap foosball table for the family, yourself, or as a gift? Here are some things to look out for when you’re looking to purchase:
There are two different types of foosball tables
Foosball tables come in two different types, home tables and professional tables. The home tables are usually cheaper, lighter, and are usually without features. This is great for a family home. However, if you are looking to take your foosball experience to the next level, a professional model with high-quality levelers, electronic scoring systems, and counterweighted players may be what you need. Most professional tables are built better than any home model you will find, but the price will be much higher.
Check your budget
Tables can cost anywhere from $200 to $1,500. However, most tables at the lower end will be of very poor quality and will have very little weight to them. If you are looking for a long-term investment for years of family fun, you’ll need about $600 to $1100 for a great foosball table.
Measure your space
Aching for a foosball table to put into your attic or garage? Make sure you have about seven feet by eight feet of working space for the table. Not only do you need room for the table itself, but you’ll also need room for everyone to move around and for the poles that will stick out of either side.
Choosing the Best Foosball Table
Have space, the money, and are you ready to choose your new table? No problem. Here are some helpful hints to make your shopping experience the best it can be!
Read the foosball table reviews
If you find a really great deal on a table on the internet or in a store, make sure to read all of the reviews you can find. It will bring to light potential problems, inform you of quality levels, and will also give you a great idea of this is the best table for you and your family.
Decide on the most important features
If your budget is limited, make sure to prioritize your list of wants. Are you looking for an electronic scoreboard, or do you care more about a great leveling system? Are you more concerned with wood finishes or do you care more about counterweighted men? Make sure to note what is important and shop for those features first. If you’re not sure about the features, make sure to contact the manufacturer or the seller, or read the foosball table’s reviews.
Check the recommended age range
If you have a house with many small children, you may want to consider a smaller, cheaper foosball table to start with, then to upgrade to a bigger one when the kids are older. Or perhaps you want a high-quality one that the kids will grow into. Taking into consideration the length that you plan to keep the table as well as the people who will be using it will ensure you get the biggest bang for your buck.
Now that we’ve made some suggestions about how to look for the perfect table, here are a few of our favorites that are available on Amazon. Check out the list of awesome foosball tables.
Foosball Table Reviews
Carrom Signature 55 in. Foosball Table
A beautiful, American-made, semi-professional table in several designer colors.
The Carrom Signature is a beautiful table. It comes in several, delightful colors with one-inch thick oak finishes. The screen printed graphics are well-rendered and enamelled to prevent scratches and wear. The players are counterbalanced for a professional feel to every game. This table weighs about 160 pounds, and measures 50 inches wide by 36 inches high and 55 inches deep. With supports made of metal and the body made of wood, this strong table will hold up to every game for years to come.
- The Carrom is a beautiful table: Full of great features, this table is beautiful and durable. At a very affordable price point, this table will suit the needs of nearly any family home.
- Carrom is known for it’s great customer service: Every review about this table talks about how wonderful Carrom’s customer service is and for good reason! The Carrom Company is known for its quality, American-made products for more than 100 years, and they take care of every customer like they were their first.
- This table has lots of options: The Carrom comes with two sets of men, single or triple goals, and optional corner inserts. With all of these options, you can play how you want to. There are no limits with the Carrom Signature!
- The counterbalance is not professional grade: While counterbalanced men can make a table for enthusiasts or professionals, poorly implemented counterbalance can be aggravating for anyone. The counterbalance in most professional foosball tables allows for the men to be left in a horizontal position to allow for long shots. The counterbalance doesn’t quite work on this table. The vast majority of players, however, will never even notice.
- The instructions aren’t the best quality: While the table itself is wonderful, the instructions for putting it together are not so perfect. The instructions are a little hard to follow and can make the fully disassembled table a little trying to put together.
- The leveling system isn’t perfect: Having a leveling system in place for your foosball table can be the difference between a fun game and making your table unplayable. This system works for the most part; however, the leveling is very difficult to get perfect. This may cause some errant ball rolling.
Chicago Gaming Signature Foosball Coffee Table
A gorgeous hardwood foosball table enclosed in glass that will have your guests talking.
The Chicago Gaming Signature Foosball and Coffee Table is one of the most unique tables on the market. Pretty enough to be a centerpiece for any room, the Chicago is a functional hardwood and glass table with a complete foosball table inside of it. The dimensions are 47 inches long, 28 inches wide, and 20 inches high, which makes it a little smaller than most tables. The handles for the men also don’t stick out into the room as far as traditional foosball tables. With fully adjustable legs to ensure a flat playing surface and perfect stability, this beautiful, home model is perfect even for a smaller space. The table weighs about 75 pounds, which makes moving the table easy.
- The table is incredibly light and small: If you have little space at home, the Chicago can be a great space saver for the foosball enthusiast. It can be easily moved to be used as a coffee table or side table when it is not immediately being used as a foosball table. This makes making room when space is tight a little more feasible.
- It is a conversation starter: What a beautiful, interesting table! Everyone who sees it will instantly fall in love with the elegant hardwood and unique setup. The table is functional, fun, and even has a handy shelf below. This foosball table will be the talk of the town for many years to come.
- The devil is in the details: From the wooden inlays on the field to the decorative silver accents, this table is filled with tons of little details that make it beautiful, unique, and decor rather than an eyesore. The table has tongue and groove construction, making it incredibly sturdy along with other, hand-carved details that make every inch of this table stable, handsome, and the perfect fit for your home.
- The table is very light: If you have easily scratched hardwood floors and rambunctious guests, this table may move around a lot during play. This can cause floor scratches unless the table is carefully anchored or the floor covered. However, the light, small design can also be a positive.
- The Chicago is not regulation: Smaller than a standard foosball table, this table is not a professional model. As beautiful as the table is, any professional or hardcore enthusiast will find this to be a frustrating toy. Although great for beginners, casual players, and children, this table should not be taken too seriously.
- The handles are hidden: To make this a functional coffee table, the handles had to be hidden under the lip of the coffee table. This may make power shots or holding the handles a little awkward for taller or more experienced players. However, you’ll never run into them while using your new table as a coffee table!
Tornado Sport Foosball Table
A heavy, near professional foosball table perfect for all of the enthusiasts.
The Tornado is the most expensive and one of the best foosball table on this list. At 205 pounds, it’s also the heaviest. It is nearly a professional level table, with heft, a leveling system, and it is built at regulation size. The table is 56 x 30 x 36 inches. With its beautiful mahogany finishes and “SureGrip” plastic handles, the Tornado is the perfect home table for serious foosball players.
- It is sturdy: This table is as stable as it gets. Even the high-powered, rambunctious game of foosball won’t topple this table. It’s perfect for professionals that are hard-hitters and high-energy teens. The quality of this foosball table is unmatched; even long, regular use won’t scratch the surface of this table.
- The Tornado comes with most of the features even the pros will love: With a variety of awesome features and traditional styling, this foosball table checks off nearly every feature you could want with a high-quality table.
- Professionals have used this table for tournaments: This is the same table that was used in the US National Championships for foosball. Who wouldn’t want to have a piece of the pros’ history in their home?
- The men are not counterbalanced: Having weighted men can be a very important part of the table for most enthusiasts and professional players. Counterbalancing allows the men to hover horizontally from the table to line up shots and make sure your own players don’t get in the way of your own shots. This table unfortunately doesn’t offer them at all, but you may be able to have the special ordered.
- The instructions are a little hard to follow: The table is heavy and difficult to put together as it is. Having instructions that are not clearly written makes it even more challenging. However, once you get it together, the table will most likely never come apart again!
Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table
A compact tabletop model that is great for easy storage to save space.
As a tabletop only model, the Sport Squad FX40 is great for nearly any home with any amount of space. The Sport Squad is 40 x 20 x 8 inches and design to rest overtop of any table in the house. It is also easily removed and stored. This space-saving design is lightweight and durable. Although the table is not regulation size, it is a great home model for beginners and children and one of the cheap foosball table on the market.
- The Sport Squad is inexpensive: As a compact model, the Sport Squad cannot be beat. The price point is great for nearly any budget. If you are short on space and trying not to spend a fortune, this is the table for you!
- It is durable and long lasting: The table has metal rods and a strong, wooden frame that is built to last. It is designed for rough handling by children, and will stand up to nearly everything they can do to it.
- This table is compact and fits most tables: If you don’t have room in your house for a full-sized foosball table, this is a great compromise. The table is easily hidden away. It can be easily played on nearly any table. All you need is a little space!
- The Sport Squad is a big DIY project: The table comes almost completely disassembled, so putting it together will take quite a bit of time. Make sure you have all of the time, tools, and space you’ll need to assemble the many pieces of the Sport Squad.
- The table is made for kids: If you are looking for a quality piece for a man cave or playroom for adults, this is not the table for you. Although this table is sturdy enough for most kids, you may find that the table is too small and too weak for adult roughhousing.
- It will need storage: If you do not have to room for this table to be out all of the time, you’ll need a significantly sized closet or basement space for proper storage. The foosball table has the rails on either side as well as the goals on the end, so it is best stored flat. This may cause problems if space was a big problem to start with.
Warrior Professional Foosball Table
A professional table with all of the features anyone could hope for.
The Warrior Professional is a regulation sized foosball table with all of the features of the competitive tables for about half of the price of most pro foosball tables. Coming in a 200 pounds, this table is sturdy and high quality. The table features expertly counterbalanced men and a removable rob guard system for safety for the little ones. The table is recommended for nearly any age and will be year-round fun for your whole family and is widely considered one of the best foosball table.
- The features and quality are similar to more expensive tables: The Warrior Professional Foosball Table is less expensive than most of the pro foosball table and has all of the features and function you would expect from a much more expensive model. With pro features like counterbalanced men, single goalie setup, rugged play surface, and solid rods made this a quality, professional piece that will be around for a long time.
- The Warrior is built for safety: If you are looking for a great table for your kids to grow into, the Warrior can’t be beat. It has guards in place to keep little hands from getting injured, and will hold up to all of life’s bumps and scratches.
- The table is heavy: No matter how rambunctious play gets, this table will stay wherever you put it. It is heavy, solid wood and metal that make this table a quality, heavy duty piece that you won’t regret purchasing.
- The Warrior’s ball return is not well-designed: The return tube is a cheap tube of plastic that is supposed to deliver the ball without flinging it across the room. However, the return doesn’t always work well. The balls got caught in the tubes several times a game, interrupting play.
- The assembly is very involved: Although the box claims you can put it together in 15 minutes, we are pretty sure that would take a magic wand. Just pulling the pieces out of the box, unwrapping them, and starting to put the thing together takes nearly an hour; expect to spend 90 minutes putting this table together. Also expect the pieces to be incredibly heavy!
So, which is the best foosball table on our list?
The Top Recommendation is:
With its beautiful finish, easy assembly, and dual purpose, the Chicago is a table that just can’t be beat. While it is not regulation and may be frustrating to professional players, this table makes up for that deficiency with a laundry list of positives. The Chicago comes at a great place and is one of the prettiest of all of our favorites. It’s lightweight and small, built for little spaces that don’t have room for single-use furniture. It’s the perfect table for every house, apartment, and anywhere else you want a functional and fun piece that will have your guests talking!