In 2009 the fictional post-soviet country of Chernarus is ravaged by civil war. For two crippling years, conflict has raged...
Players explore this volatile world with Force Recon Razor Team, part of a US Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit. The 27th MEU are deployed to Northern Chernarus on a peacekeeping mission with a mandate to prevent further civilian casualties and promote political stability.
ARMA 2 is based on the latest generation technology. It offers a uniquely vast game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and environments. The branching, player-driven campaign can be played solo, or cooperatively and is accompanied by a huge range of single and multiplayer game modes.
- Player-driven story: Players will have the opportunity to command members of Force Recon Team Razor through a branching campaign full of twists and surprises. ARMA II integrates a unique combination of preset conversations with the dynamic conversation system which brings to the player a unique gaming experience in a movie-like style.
- Reality check: Bohemia Interactive's standard 225 square kilometer of highly detailed sandbox landscape, modeled with stunning detail and precision and using real-world geographical data, covered by 235 megapixel of accurate aerial map (15.3602 pixels) and with more than 1 million objects, this game is a true environment master piece, never seen before in first person shooter type games.
- Authentic military simulation: the game simulates various aspects of combat and environment effects such as bullet ballistics and deflection, material penetration, tracers, varying ammunition types and stopping power, supersonic bullet crack and weather conditions. ARMA II benefits from the 3rd generation Real Virtuality engine featuring advanced next-gen and semi-autonomous AI. The ARMA II system is so complex that the same simulation technology is used to train real soldiers in numerous countries around the world.
- Live war: the campaign missions can be experienced in cooperative mode, or join for duty in the massive multiplayer battles with up to 50 players. Among standard MP modes is Warfare, introduced in ArmA: Armed Assault, a unique combination of RTS and tactical FPS which allows players to choose whether to control the combat with detailed base management or instead to operate guerilla hit and run tactics focusing on attack rather than defense.
- Unlimited Creativity: Intuitive, easy-to-use built in mission editor, together with powerful modding tools, infinitely extends the lifespan and gameplay of ARMA II and moves it far above the classical gaming experience. More than 200 character models, 81 weapons and 136 vehicles are ready to be used in an enormous 225 square kilometers sandbox map. ARMA II allows players to use default models in order to create their own missions and campaigns or even to create completely new models without any limitation. Moreover all mods can be shared with other players around the world in the most dedicated and creative PC gaming community ever.