Beer pong tables are tables that are made specifically for playing beer pong as opposed to something like a dining table that has been repurposed for beer pong usage. True beer pong tables have many advantages over using ping-pong and dining tables for a variety of reasons, but most importantly durability and standardization: The best beer pong tables are made with protective coatings that resist spills and are regulation-sized for tournament usage. Dedicated beer pong tables aren’t just for the pros; they’re also perfect for hobbyists, tailgaters and Greek houses. Even a cheap beer pong table is usually made with similar specs to the high-end models, so you don’t have to break the bank if you’re just looking for a table for casual use.
Table Of Contents
Best Beer Pong Table Reviews
8-Foot Beer Pong Table DRY ERASE
It’s an 8ft table making it regulation length for tournament play, and it comes with a dry erase surface with four pens included, so you can mark it up to your heart’s content. With the added features, you can really trick out your table and personalize it to your liking. Optional features like glow lights, a Bluetooth speaker, and cup holes cement Party Pong Tables’ 8-Foot Beer Pong Table DRY ERASE as a beer pong player’s dream. And that’s not to mention the practical features like the durable frame and its ability to fold down into a travel sized case.
- Size: Since it’s regulation-length, it’s more versatile than non-regulation-sized models. Even if you’re a hobbyist, with a regulation length table, you can easily transition into tournament play later on.
- Aluminum frame: The frame and legs are made of anodized aluminum for ultimate durability. If you intend to travel with your beer pong table, or you’re generally rough on your gear, this is definitely a good option for you.
- Good for travel: This pro-grade beer pong table folds into a 2ft x 2ft case, so that you can take it on the go. This makes it ideal for tailgaters.
- Optional holes: Spills are a very common problem during beer pong, but the Dry Erase model comes with optional holes to prevent spillage. That way, you can focus on your game instead of finding the paper towels.
- Optional Bluetooth speaker: With this option, you can connect your music or phone to the table, making this ideal for the beer pong enthusiast who is determined to focus on their game with minimal distractions.
- Optional glow lights: While it may not seem like a big deal, adding the glow lights is a cool option if you intend to use your beer pong table at parties. It will definitely leave an impression on your friends.
- The holes are optional: However, this isn’t really that big of a deal because most tables don’t come with real built-in holes as part of the basic model.
- The Bluetooth capability is optional: Many people don’t find this a problem since most people prefer to use their speakerphone or their own Bluetooth devices, but it’s worth noting for those who insist upon having Bluetooth-capable equipment.
GoPong 8-Foot Portable Beer Pong Table
The GoPong 8-Foot Portable Beer Pong table is an 8ft x 2ft x 27.5in official regulation-sized beer pong table that’s capable of folding down to a small 2ft x 5.5in x 2ft. Its surface is waterproofed with melamine to ensure that beer spills don’t ruin your table. It weighs 25 pounds, allowing for portability, and comes with 6 ping-pong balls.
- Regulation-sized: This ensures that you’ll be able to play in tournaments with confidence.
- Light weight, foldable and portable: Ideal for those who travel with their tables.
- Classic design: The look is cool and sleek which makes it great for venues where appearance is important.
- Customizable: Aside of the standard black design, you can customize it in American Flag, Football and Dry Erase. This is great for people who have a vision for what they want their table to look like, making this a good beer pong table for people who have an artistic side.
- Price: It’s not a cheap beer pong table by any means, but it’s a pretty middle-of-the-road asking price for the quality you receive.
- Extra cost for extra stuff: The custom Dry Erase finish costs about ten bucks more than the standard black or the American Flag versions. Though, since most customers are happy with the more standard finishes, it’s likely that those who truly want the Dry Erase finish will be more than happy to shell out the extra ten dollars to customize their table the way they want it.
- Questions about frame: The product description doesn’t mention what the frame is made of. On the downside, it’s hard to know if this product can stand up to extreme cold. On the upside, this product is definitely suited to indoor use such as in bars, fraternities and sororities.
- Weight: The weight is 25lbs. But this is literally only a couple of pounds more than other options, so it’s not really much of a problem for those who don’t have a weight lifting limit due to health issues.
- It doesn’t include built-in holes: Since many people don’t necessarily prefer built-in holes as a basic or even an add-on option, this is a negligible issue.
Red Cup Pong Portable Beer Pong Beirut Game Table
This beer pong table is a regulation-sized table that’s foldable down to a 2ft x 2ft carrying case with handles. It’s light weight and durable, resistant to both spills and warping, which are common hazards of playing beer pong. What’s cool about the Red Cup Pong Portable Beer Pong Beirut Game Table is the fact that it comes with a custom stainless steel bottle opener. This feature definitely makes it a contender for the best beer pong table.
- Size: It’s regulation-sized, which makes it perfect for tournaments.
- Weight: It only weighs 22lbs, making it one of the lighter options. This is great for people who have weight lifting restrictions.
- Portability: It’s portable since it folds into a case with handles, making travel easy.
- It comes with balls and a ball rack: This is one of its more unique features since not every beer pong table has that. It’s always good to keep small things like this in mind when shopping, because it can help you narrow it down between similar products.
- Treated surface: The treated surface makes it easy-to-clean and durable.
- The custom stainless steel bottle opener: Why wouldn’t you want that on your beer pong table? It’s so convenient.
- Price: Unless you have an unlimited budget, it’d be hard to do much better than this table for the price.
- Lack of info about the frame: The product description doesn’t say what the frame and legs are made of. However, this can be remedied by simply calling the company. And unless you plan to take it outside in extremely cold climates, it won’t really matter anyway.
- It doesn’t have built-in holes for the cups: This can be a major sticking point for some beer pong enthusiasts, but most people don’t expect it. Also, the reasonable price makes up for this slight disadvantage.
8-Foot Beer Pong Table w/ OPTIONAL Cup Holes & Glow Lights
What makes this beer pong table stand out from the crowd is the fact that you can choose from eleven different graphics options to customize your beer pong experience. Graphics options include things like the American flag, the Canadian flag, soccer and football themes, and more. Even better, the graphics on the table’s surface are treated so that they’re spill-resistant. Also included are balls and a ball holder, which is a nice addition. Optional glow lights and cup holes kick this table up a notch.
- Size: It is regulation-sized, so tournaments are a go.
- Custom graphics: The custom graphics are high quality and a standout amongst other tables.
- Spill-resistant surface: The surface is treated to be spill-proof, so you don’t have to worry about it warping and getting gross over time.
- Made with aluminum: The frame and legs are aluminum so you know it’ll still be good when the mercury drops.
- Portability: It’s foldable into a 2ft x 2ft case, making it highly portable.
- Batteries may be required: If you go for the optional add-on glow lights, they require AA batteries instead of a wall plug. People who hate buying batteries may not like this, but on the other hand, do you really want something with liquid spilled all over it to be plugged into a wall outlet?
- Needs more variety in graphics: It would be nice to see more graphics options, especially female-oriented for sororities who definitely do their share of beer-ponging. This is a small nit-picky opinion, but it’s worth noting.
- Optional drilled-in holes: As with other beer pong tables, it’d be ideal if the drilled-in holes weren’t an optional add-on and instead came with the basic model. However, people do have their own unique preferences, so, on that note, it’s actually a pro for people who dislike having the pre-drilled holes.
Topeakmart 8ft Party Beer Pong Table Portable Toss Game Table
Topeakmart’s beer pong table is regulation-sized (8ft x 2ft x 27.6in) and folds down into a 2ft x 2ft x 5in case with handles, allowing for portability. The rack setup allows you to play up to 6 or 10 cup games. The frame is aluminum, which tailgaters will love to hear since they’re the ones usually taking their beer pong tables into the frozen tundra that is a winter ball game, and it’s lightweight for easy travel.
- Features: When you think of all the features it has, Topeakmart’s table is probably the best cheap beer pong table on the market.
- Aluminum frame: This is a big deal because some companies neglect that feature, which is a shame, since it’s crucial for outdoor use in extreme temps.
- Coated surface: Ideal for preventing liquid and sun damage.
- Standard regulation size: This enables tournament practice and play.
- Two adjustable height positions: You can change the height easily from 24.4in to 27.6in. This is key, because not every table has this feature. More importantly, fitting the height to the players can help reduce unnecessary muscle and backaches.
- It’s versatile: You can play other drinking games on it, which is great for bars and parties where people aren’t necessarily locked into standard beer pong as the game of choice and may like to rotate various drinking games.
- Weight: At 24.03lbs, it is one of the heavier beer pong tables. However, it’s only about two pounds heavier than some of the lighter weight options, so unless you have very specific lifting restrictions, it’s probably not going to matter that much.
- Discrepancies regarding adjustable height: Some product descriptions mention this table as having only two adjustable heights while others mention the same table having three. Since most people don’t care overly much about table height, it’s not really a big deal, but it’s worth noting.
- No holes: It doesn’t come with drilled-in holes either as a basic option or an additional option. If you’re exclusively interested in buying a table with already-drilled holes, this isn’t the beer pong table for you. Most people won’t find the lack of holes a problem, though, since holes aren’t really standard on most beer pong tables on the market.
- Doesn’t come with balls or ball holder: While it’s not vital a table come with balls and a ball holder, it’s always a nice option. But when you consider the low price, this seems like a fair compromise to make for those who want a cheap beer pong table that, otherwise, gives a lot of bang for the buck.
While each of these tables have their own valid merits, there can be only one best beer pong table. The clear winner was easily the 8-Foot Beer Pong Table DRY ERASE. The uniqueness is what sells it. Any good beer pong table is regulation-sized. And even a low-end beer pong table tends to have the ever-important aluminum frame. But what this table has goes beyond the expected and into the realm of luxury. The dry erase component is sensibly practical, so players can write the house rules right on the table surface. The cup holes are also just common sense. But when you get to the glow lights and Bluetooth speaker, it’s clear the makers of this model want to turn beer pong from a college party game into an enjoyable, immersive experience. For that reason, the 8-Foot Beer Pong Table DRY ERASE has our vote.
Benefits of Buying a Beer Pong Table
Dedicated beer pong tables are far superior to ping-pong tables or dining tables when it comes to playing beer pong or similar drinking games. With melamine coating, you don’t have to worry about all that beer spillage warping or molding your dining room table. And since a good beer pong table usually come with optional built-in holes to hold onto your cups, you don’t have to worry about a cup accidentally falling off and ruining your game. Moreover, the best beer pong table is one that is made to withstand cold weather for tailgating and is durable enough to withstand an epic party.
What to Look for When Buying a Beer Pong Table
To ensure that you get the best beer pong table for your needs, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind while shopping.
Think about your budget and consider what matters to you when searching for the ultimate beer pong table. As with most products, a cheap beer pong table will typically have only basic features. This is great for hobbyists or people on a tight budget. But if you’re into tournament play, or you’re a bar owner trying to expand your client base with a cool new toy, you’re going to want to make an investment and opt for a higher-end model that has tournament-quality specs. Also, the higher end models tend to be more durable, so tailgaters will want to consider that as well, since cold and extreme heat can be hard on equipment that isn’t designed with that in mind.
If you’re interested in tournament play, or think you might be in the future, make sure the beer pong table you buy is regulation-size. Look for a table that is 96in x 24in—or 8ft x 2ft. This will ensure you’ll be ready if you ever decide to get into tournament play.
Is it Waterproof?
This is very important, because, after all, beer is a liquid. And beer spills—a lot. Look for a table with a waterproof coating like melamine. That way, you don’t have to worry about ruining your brand-new table. Also, protective coatings tend to make cleanup a lot easier.
Does it Come with Custom Balls?
Depending on your preferences, this may or may not matter to you, but it’s something to consider when you’re shopping for a good beer pong table.
Is it Portable?
Portability includes overall weight and whether or not it’s foldable. The best beer pong tables are almost always foldable for portability, so you can take it on the road for tournaments and tailgates. Consider your needs and where you think you’ll be using your table. If you see yourself moving around a lot, make sure it’s portable.
Can it Take Temperature Extremes?
A good beer pong table is durable, and part of that is the ability to withstand extreme hot and cold weather. Tailgaters will understand this. Sometimes, you need to play beer pong when it’s below zero outside. Materials like aluminum ensure that a beer pong table passes the temperature test.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Beer Pong Table for Your Needs
Ask yourself a few questions so that you can narrow down the best beer pong table for you and your needs:
- Do you need it to be portable?
- Are you willing to invest more money for a more durable product?
- Are you interested in tournament play?
- Are custom table designs and balls important to you?
- What is your price range?
Keep these things in mind when shopping, because they are vital to determining what works best for you. Not everyone has the same needs. For instance, if you’re simply a hobbyist, a decent cheap beer pong table will be perfectly adequate for casual play. But if you’re serious about beer pong, you’re going to need to consider your needs and make sure your table meets the required tournament specs.