Last updated on August 31, 2017
The Essentials Racing Style Gaming Chair is a brightly colored, ergonomic chair for people who sit in front of their computers for long periods of time. The chair is designed to cradle your back and create a comfortable place to game, work, or watch movies at your desk. This chair, the ESS-3085 series, is a fantastic one by Essentials by OFM with a strong warranty and a lot of great features.
Table Of Contents
When I first got the box, I was surprised by the chair’s weight. At 37 pounds, the Essentials Gaming Chair is very heavy. It felt sturdy as I pulled the pieces out of the box. The next thing that struck me was the bold colored mesh. I was amazed at how bright and bold the green was without being blinding. The leather felt supple and strong while the mesh fabric didn’t feel scratchy or uncomfortable. My chair didn’t have any scratches or blemishes on the fabric.
The chair came together really easily in about 20 minutes or so. The instructions were really easy to use and straightforward. And I hate putting stuff together! Once it was put together, the chair looked spectacular. It really has a high-end look to it without the price tag.
The overall first impression out of the box was really positive, and I was excited to sit down for a long gaming session to really put the Essentials Gaming Chair through its paces.
The Essentials Gaming Chair has a high back and cradles your back for the hours-long work or gaming session ahead of you. The chair is incredibly comfortable and really nice looking. I was surprised at how comfortable the chair was. The whole chair just feels like a million bucks, even after sitting in it for hours.
The chair tilts, but not much. If you are looking for a chair that reclines a lot for movie watching or quick naps, I’d look elsewhere. However, if you are looking for a comfortable seat for the next five hours of work or a long raid, this is a great piece of furniture.
The armrests fold away conveniently, making it compatible with most office desks, regardless of height or width. However, the armrests are not adjustable. They are padded, though, which makes them feel incredibly comfy under your arms.
Another feature of the Essentials Gaming Chair that is fantastic is the bucket-style support. The padded, rounded sides cradle your body while the padded headrest supports your neck and head. The lumbar support for this chair is perfect, designed to support most heights. I’ve read positive reviews from people anywhere from over six feet to five-and-a-half-feet tall that were all incredibly comfortable in this amazing chair. SO now matter your height, you should feel at home in the ESS-3085.
User Experience and Performance
After even several hours in this chair, I was still very comfortable and ready for any raid that came my way. The chair is really supportive, really cozy, and doesn’t get super warm or create pressure points. The upholstery doesn’t seem to be compressing much at all either, so the squishy parts under the seat hopefully won’t crush down too much into the frame. So far, everything about this chair has been perfect, and using it has been an absolute joy.
One of the things I really like about this chair is how high-backed it is. The headrest is supportive, and I can lean my head back with plenty of support for my shoulders and neck. It doesn’t lean back very far, but then again I wouldn’t want it to. If I wanted to lay down while gaming, I’d just set up my computer on the couch. As it is, the ESS-3085 promotes great posture and support while working at my desk.
The colors are really bright and beautiful; I haven’t seen the other colors in real life, but the green is really vibrant and eye-catching. It’s a kind of lime green that would go great with a backlit setup in greens. I wasn’t sure if the color was going to be too obtrusive, but it has really grown on me. I love it! If I could buy the chair over again, however, I’d probably got for the cherry red color.
The Essentials Gaming Chair’s super durability means that it doesn’t care if I throw myself down into the seat; it can take the abuse. The metal frame, casters, and the fabric have shown no evidence of my rough handling. I hope it continues to hold up, because I’m hard on my furniture.
Now that I’ve used this chair for about two weeks, including some long gaming sessions and even while writing this review, I can honestly say that I’ve never come across a better chair in this price range. If you want to drop a couple hundred dollars on an office chair, you can definitely find one with better features, but I’ve never met an office chair this affordable and this comfortable. I love pretty much everything about it.
The Essentials Gaming Chair’s number one feature is the amazing warranty. Essentials by OFM backs their chair with tons of testing and a comprehensive three-year warranty. The warranty doesn’t include wear and tear from normal use or so-called “Acts of God,” but it does cover manufacturing or material defects that cause any problems over the first three years of ownership. Most of their chairs also include a two-year fabric and upholstery replacement also.
While it’s nice that the chair has such a great warranty, you probably won’t need it. The ESS-3085 passed a 300-pound drop test, a 45-mile caster wheel test, and a “100,000 times” tilt test. It’s a really durable, quality chair, backed with one of the best warranties in the business. This ensures this durable and high-quality chair will stick with you for years to come.
The Pros of the Essentials Gaming Chair
- It is a very affordable chair: Considering its durable, heavy-duty base, leather body, and a three-year warranty, it’s still a great price. I was pleasantly surprised, and I think you will be, too. While you can find more expensive chairs with better features, you won’t find a better chair for the price range.
- It comes in a variety of colors: Who doesn’t like choices? I chose the black and green one, but the model is also available in gray and black if you don’t like bright colors. If you don’t like green or gray, there are also royal blue and cherry red colors to choose from.
- It is comfortable for long gaming sessions: It’s really great to come across a chair that seems to have been designed by people passionate about gaming. It’s comfortable for hours and hours with its amazing back support.
The Cons of the Essentials Gaming Chair
- The Essentials Gaming Chair is leather: Natural materials, unlike man-made ones, have a tendency to need a little more love. Leather will dry out and crack if left to its own devices, and I prefer the longevity of polyurethane leathers.
- The armrests aren’t adjustable: I like that you can fold them away to ensure the chair will fit under your desk, but I would rather be able to adjust them. It seems a little like the armrests were an afterthought instead of a part of the design.
- It’s heavy: Although part of the weight undoubtedly comes from some of the materials used to make this chair more sturdy, I really think a forty pound chair is a little heavy. Carrying it up the stairs is quite the ordeal. However, if you plan to park it and leave it in one place, the weight shouldn’t bother you at all.
I can’t get enough of this chair. It’s comfortable, adjustable, strong, attractive, and fits under my desk perfectly. It’s a supportive chair with a lot of amazing features that really make for a great experience. I was surprised, given the price, that the chair held up after long hours in it. It is still comfortable after weeks, and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. I look forward to using this chair for many years to come.